Thursday, March 06, 2008

We did do the nose. And the hat...BUT SHE IS A WITCH!!!



















You'd think that the first week of an artists two month hiatus would explode into a frenzy of painting and drawing.......but nooOOOoo. So far the first three days has been an annoying exercise in cleaning , reorganizing the studio, and throwing out crap loads of garbage I've been hanging on to for years! I really had a hard time beginning work surrounded by chaos. So in the meantime here's an old sketch that reappeared in the madness. It's a sketch for a painting I never started. In fact the halftone drawing is on my website http://www.markcovell.com/Concepts003.html but I always liked this sketch because it was drawn pretty fast and is full of movement and fluidity. Now I have to keep all the same movement in the final painting. Whenever I get to it that is.

7 comments:

Joseph Lee said...

Great tonal piece Mark! Look forward to seeing the finished painting someday!

jojo said...

wow,
this is awesome. scare factor high. technique impeccable.

john said...

Hey Mark,
Sweet artwork, reminds me of Brian Froud. I found your blog through Joseph, I'll be sure to link you up.

D. Polcino said...

It really works well as a sketch. If you can translate that feeling of movement to a painting it would be quite an achievement!

Patrick Kochakji said...

Hey dude! I just discovered your blog. Sweet stuff! And Congrats on the baby!

Shawn Scott Palmer said...

I like this one a lot...it has an Arthur Rackham feel to it. I checked out your other pieces on your website...amazing stuff!

manuscript72 said...

BURN HER!!!! good stuff, i'm glad i stumbled across your work!